Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Eighth Deer of Christmas - There is a Light that Never Goes Out

So this kitchy deer lamp, made of a lawn ornament with a light bulb stuck up its butt, is one of the first deer I ever owned. Hes been around at least a decade, as long as I've owned my house. He's lived in my tenants apartments, hes proudly sat on the table at various craft sales and I'm sure he has inspired copy cats all around the globe.

There is something so cozy about the warm glow he throws. It instantly makes a room feel sleepy and cozy and somewhere you just want to stay home. He has the same effect as this song by Morrissey and The Smiths.

Anyways, I'm hope after all the hustle and bustle of preparing for the holidays is over you get a few minutes of peace and quiet to just be as calm, still and breathe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment