Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 26 - Pretty on Pink




Wow - only a few days left!

Todays dress was thrifted from the Value Village, it was originally from Old Navy. I really don't wear alot of clothes from Old Navy type of stores, and this dress makes me realize why...

First of all the positives - Its a really pretty soft pink striped fabric. The stirpes have been cut on the diagonal, which adds a little interest. and the styling really isn't that bad.

But wearing this dress has been a nightmare!

The Negatives - The quality is horrible. The clasp on the back is broken and has a piece of wire that is actually poking me in the back. The fabric used for the lining is too thick and twists, pulling the dress in weird ways. The straps are ridiculously thin, I guess you are supposed to go braless - but there is no support offered - so that would quickly be a hot mess. The lace trim on the edges curled up after I washed it so I can't imagine you'd get too many wears out of this dress.

I'm sure the original price of this dress was quite reasonable - but it feels like Disposable Clothes. Wear it once and throw it out. I'm learning more and more about "Fast Fashion" and this dress brings to the point the problem with disposable clothes and disposable style...

They are no fun to wear!
Thanks for the Pics Jaime - I look so 2003!

Tomorrow I get by with a little help from my friends...
thanks for reading,
nella

No comments:

Post a Comment