Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 7 - Stripes and Art







Today I went to see a show at the Belleville Art Association Gallery. This Gallery is run by a group of volunteers on the Main St. in Belleville, Ontario. For the first time ever the group hosted a Square Foot exhibition called 1x1. A square foot show is a collection of artwork by various artists in various mediums but all the pieces are the same size (a square foot). To make the show even more user friendly all the works are priced the same.

My mom, who is also and artist, Marion Casson let us into the gallery today even though its usually closed on Sunday. What an interesting show - so many pieces sold and the ones that were left were an incredible assortment of styles and subjects.

The painting I did is pictured above, it sold in the show (yay me!). Funny how I painted it a while back but the Stripes theme seems to be ever present!

My dress today is by Stella McCartney for Adidas, it has great details on the back that you can't really see in these pictures. Todays photos were takes by Jamie Smith who is the best boyfriend ever. xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment