Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 25 - Stripes at work!






Working at an Inn is hard. The hours are long and there are just so many personalities in the world. I speak from experience, for the past 3 years I have been the Assistant Innkeeper at The Merrill Inn.

Working at an Inn is also tons of fun. There are always new faces and interesting stories. The guests at an Inn are intrepid travelers looking for a unique experience, not just a cookie cutter type holiday. I live in a beautiful place and the Inn itself is such a beautiful old mansion, it reminds me of a more glamorous time.

My co-worker, Courtney Reynolds, took my photos today and we were both commenting on how great the job is - and how beautiful the house and how much fun (and hard working the owners, Edward and Amy) are. They've been supportive of this whole striped plan since the beginning, allowing me a certain amount of freedom with the way I dress around the Inn. Also watching them build their Inn and their business I admire their sense of hard work and effort.

You should all come visit sometime...
nella


No comments:

Post a Comment