Monday, August 22, 2011

Zine Dream - A Country Mouse Visits the City





Day 21
The day started very early with an incredibly speedy trip on the 401 by Spark Box Studio resident, the not sounding conservative Matt. We arrived at the 4th annual Zine Dream (self published art and 'zine show) to set up our booth at the Tranzac Club in Toronto.

The work at this show was incredible. Several of the people presenting were recent grads from the printmaking program at the Ontario College of Art. There was everything from art prints and hand printed books to t-shirts, bags and cards. Chrissy, Allison and I had a pleasant afternoon talking about Spark Box and its residencies and the newest issue of Square2 magazine.

We stayed in Toronto for the evening and my mom and I hit the Drake Hotel for some cocktails. While walking back to the hotel we came across the Cuban Cultural Festival, which actually sounded a lot like Ragtime. What a great evening in the city.

I wore a striped crocheted dress by Gentle Fawn, that I got from Kelly's awhile back.

Can you tell I'm a little tired today...
see you tomorrow...
nella

No comments:

Post a Comment